Saturday, November 12, 2011

Life In Secondary School

Let's get started. I did not have a smooth life throughout my 4 years in secondary school. What I could say is that it's not a pleasant experience while I'm still in the 10 years of basic education in Singapore. From the age of 7 to 16 years old, I'm not that "happy" being a student. I admit I'm not a bright student either. I know where I stand among the rest. But that's not the reason why I don't really "enjoy" my days in school.

Definitely there's another reason which leads to my "unhappiness". Being the "quiet" type or nature kind of girl, I'm often being picked upon by others(classmates) on many other things or issues that occurred. I'm often being picked as the "bully victim" in school. Not to the extend of "physically" bullied but more into "verbally" bullied.

Until at one point of a time, I felt  that I no longer wanna turn up for school. In my heart I was shouting "I don't want to go to school. I hate those bullies. Both boys & few girls". In my heart I know that I must stand up & fight for myself but I just can't. I don't like to fight or "quarrel" with anyone.  I'm just not the type who enjoy to "fight back". I often just "let go" of everything that happened. Perhaps at that time, I was too young to fight things out.

Enough is enough!

How was I like in Secondary school? Obviously I'm the "quiet type". Not only that, I'm a "well behaved student" too. I never give trouble to any teachers. They never need to take any disciplinary actions against me. I'm a "good girl" you see. Hehe... Even if my parents need to be called up to school during the "meet the parent session", teachers never complain about my behaviour. They only discussed regarding my academic performance. 

Memories Throughout 4 Years:

Let me recalled during this point of time, my teachers are the following:

Sec 1: Class 1G

Form teacher: Mdm Xuan Xuan
Co-form teacher: Mr Lim Sen Yuan.
Subject teachers(if I can still remembered)
English language: Miss Poon Wai Mun
Elementary Mathematics: Mrs Kathleen Wong(temporary) & Miss Wat Lai Lian
History: Mdm Fauziah Hassan
Geography: Mr Lim Choon Heng
Science: Miss Louisa Ng
Home Economics: Miss Lum Yit Yau
Design & Technology: Mr Ng(Can't remember his full name) almost retired teacher if I not mistaken
Art & Design: Miss Loo Puay Ling
PCCG(Pastoral Care Career Guidance):Mr Ten Liew Jaw(temporary) & Miss Serene Koh
Malay Language: Mr Saat(temporary in replacing for Mdm Rohaida maternity leave at the beginning of the year)

Sec 2: 2EC

Form Teacher: Miss Wat Lai Lian
English Language: Miss Wat Lai Lain
Elementary Mathematics: Miss Wat Lai Lian
Science: Miss Louisa Ng
History: Mdm Fauziah Hassan
Geography: Miss Poon Wai Mun
Home Economics: Miss Lum Yit Yau
Design & Technology: Mrs Peggy Ng
Art & Design: Miss Loo Puay Ling
Malay Language: Mdm Rohaida Ismail


Sec 3: 3EC

Form Teacher: Miss Lo Yen Nie
1: English Language: Miss Lo Yen Nie
2: Malay Language (2nd Language): Mdm Rohaida Ismail
3: Elementary Mathematics: Mrs Tan Heng Meng  but previously it was Miss Phua Yen Ling Iris (Mrs Lee) but she prefered to be addressed as Miss Phua (switched teacher during her early pregnancy stage)
4: Pure Geography/Core Geography: Mr Lim Choon Heng
5: Combined Humanities:
Ø  History: Mdm Serene Koh
Ø  Social Studies: Mr Tan?( Forgotten his full name)
6: Combined Science:
Ø  Physics: Mdm Tan Bee Yong
Ø  Biology: Miss Jessica Lim Lay Keng
7: Art & Design: Miss Loo Puay Ling


Sec 4: 4EC

Form Teacher: Miss Lo Yen Nie
1: English Language: Miss Lo Yen Nie
2: Malay Language (2nd Language): Mr Bathiar Kassim
3: Elementary Mathematics: Mrs Tan Heng Meng
4: Pure Geography/Core Geography: Mr Lim Choon Heng/Mdm Hosea Leow(towards the beginning of term 4)
5: Combined Humanities:
1) History: Miss Lo Yen Nie
2) Social Studies: Mrs Frances Ess
6: Combined Science:
1) Physics: Mdm Tan Bee Yong/ Miss Phua Yen Ling(towards the end of year as Mrs Tan is in her early pregnancy stage)
2) Biology: Miss Jessica Lim Lay Keng
7: Art & Design: Miss Loo Puay Ling


In Sec 1, I met a new friend & glad to say that our friendship last till now. Yup I'm glad that we are still keeping in touch with one another even after we left secondary school for more than half a decade ago. A friend that makes a difference in my life.  A friend whose there whenever I need someone to talk too. Someone who give me words of encouragement & motivation whenever I'm feeling down. Even if it is just a "sms" away instead of a phone call. As we are now busy with our own commitments, we are not able to meet as often as usual but glad we can still squeeze in some time for a meet up though it's like twice a year. It's just a sms away you see. I'm not the type who can hang up on the phone for a long time. I'm a more to an sms person rather than "a phone call away" type. Hahah....

Who else did I make friends with? While in secondary school? Let me think... Hmm... I knew the friend I mentioned above from a friend of friend though we are both classmates. I knew Meileng from Yi Ju a.k.a. Yi Ru. From there I knew(let me mention a few) Clara Chew, (Wing Yin, Jeralyn, non-classmates)

Towards upper sec, I'm sitting together with these classmates: Fadzillah, Sok Wah, Vivian, Hidayah, Anusha. Among all those mentioned names, I don't think any of them still remembers me now though some of them is already on my friend list in facebook.   

What I could say is that "my worst years" is when I'm in sec 4. At that time I just want the years to past quickly. I wanna leave the school once & for all. I'm glad that the "torturous" moment have past. Almost daily, there is definitely something that I will be pick up upon. Teasing is the most common thing that I get every single day. Something that goes wrong, I'll get blame, again I'm being the victim of being pick upon. Arghhh.... All this is common. Kinda have to get used to it during that time.

At the age of 16, I don't really have a temper. Even when I'm angry, no one can tell. It's different as compared to my current temper now. As I grow up, my temper is starting to show up but pretty much in control.       

I remember the time when I hang out with group of friends for cycling after school. They are Zi Yun, Yi Ru, Meileng & Hanisah. We went to downtown Pasir Ris to cycle. Imagine bringing home clothes to change after school. But for the sake of hanging out, we endure all that. It's fun spending time together. I wish I can turn back time. If only I could...

In school, we used to hang out outside the library area during recess time. My favourite place to hang out during recess time is the bench near the stairs. The stairs is the direct link pathway to the classroom.

Before I forget, at 2005, the school starts to implement a "home room system".  The system is very tedious. It's a waste of time honestly. For every subject, we need to move to a different classroom. Different teachers have their own classroom. For english & history lesson, we are lucky that we need not move to the other designated classrooms because the same teacher is teaching both subjects.

At the same year, new principal came in after the previous one retire.

I hate it during recess time. Half an hour is never enough. 3 levels came down at the same time. Imagine it's totally crowded. I never get a chance to have a proper meal at the canteen. I only ended up eating biscuit during recess time. No wonder I'm always underweight throughout the years. I never gain weight.

Other than that, it's been a most memorable years. There's happiness, sadness, frustration, etc... But that's life. Full of ups and down. With all that experience, it have made me a much better person & preferably much wiser. Growing up requires process & I can never change to be a better person within a day.  

With that, I'm ending my entry for now. I'm trying to recall back as much as I could but these is the only ones that I remembered.  Till the the next time. Cherio peeps! Have a great day ahead. 

♥Remember a smile is all it takes to cheer up the day. Keep smiling :) ♥



1 comment:

  1. Bully victims are common in sch. We shldn't let tht overcome & ruin our life. Be strong to fight bck!

    ReplyDelete