Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Totally Pissed Off

It seems that yesterday is not my day. I felt that I was being played off by a recruitment firm. I'm totally pissed off.

Here's what happened. Last week, a consultant from a recruitment firm/agency called me up. It was said that she hed arranged for an interview with this "company". I'm not going to reveal the company's name. The scheduled interview shall be on 22nd March in the afternoon. She wants to confirmed if I'm available on that day. I agreed for the scheduled interview as I'm available on that day.

But, a few minutes later, she rang again. She said that the interview were changed to the 21st but the time shall be the same. I agreed with the date and time.

On the day itself which is yesterday, I prepared myself for the interview. I left the house but I felt uneasy, as if something's not right. I was feeling lazy unlike before where I'm enthusiast for any interview that's coming up. Perhaps this is a sign.

Took the train to get there. Upon alighting, I'm searching around for directions which links the location to the required "company". I'm not familiar with that place. I need to look carefully at the sign directions, which exit to follow. Either Exit A, B,C, etc... I finally get to the place for interview.

Upon reaching there, I need to make a call to the person in charge as mentioned in the letter I received via e-mail from the recruitment firm
"Search Network". The response from the person in charge totally pissed me off. It flares up my anger.

This is their response -


Ms M: ermmm, your name is not in our list for today but is scheduled for interview tomorrow.

Me: What? But I was told to come down today for the interview.

Ms M: Ermmm.. Maybe your agent had mixed up the dates..

Me: Is it possible to bring forward the interview now as I've already arrived and am waiting at the reception.

Ms M: I'm sorry but the interviewer is not here. Can you come down tomorrow?

Me: Tomorrow?(this time my anger emotions nearly showed up but I managed to control the tone of my voice)Errmmm. Ok I'll try.


Did you see the word that i used, "I'll try" to come? Well, if I used that word in a phone conversations, it means that I'll not be coming down for the interview today. Instead I'm using the time to pen down the incident that I've went through.

That's it!!! I've had it with recruitment firm especially with "Search Network"! They really played me out this time round. If there's any changes, as a consultant, they should informed me before hand.

They make me travel all the way and this is the kind of response that I get? It's not worth every minute of my time. They are simply wasting everyone's time. They kinda rushed me out for any job vacancies but in the end, they messed up everything.

Money is their only target. But the job that they have gotten me is totally dissappointing. I'm asking for a permanent placement but they keep giving me a temporary positions which only last for a week or two. I will not engaged in a recruitment firms if I can easily search the job on my own(based on easy accessible locations nearby trains stations, bus stops or nearby food court etc..). If this is the end result with a recruitment firms, I'd rather search a job on my own. Direct applications is better off than " job agencies". If everything requires me to do on my own research, I'll rather not engaged on them. Wasting my time!

Everything that I've been through yesterday incident was pen down here for the purpose that I shall not forget everything. An incident that spoilt my day and mood. It's totally not my day. I never regret not coming down for the interview today as it's only a temporary position. My heart is totally dissappointed with the attitude of the consultant. She should atleast re-confirmed with me for any last minute changes instead of keeping quiet and messed up everything.

That's my worst experience with Search Network, a recruitment firm which frequently advertised their job openings in Jobstreet and JobsDB websites. I've lost my trust in Search Network. I'm not going to apply for their advertisements in the future. The company is not to be blame but the consultants itself should be more responsible! I've had enough of it!

I'm ending the entry for now. I'm totally not in a mood :( Thanks to Search Network!

PS: Yesterday is totally not my day :(

No comments:

Post a Comment