Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Networking Session

My entire day is taken. I'm not really in a good mood today but I forced myself to attend & smile throughout the day. I'm a person who will often put on a smile in my daily life but only for today there's time that I forced myself to smile because I'm not in a mood. Don't ask me why?

I take a look at the job listings. Nothing much to apply. I lack experience. Language is a hindrance. But I just take the positive side of it. I get to know a few individuals who are kind enough to share their experiences & tips with me. After getting to know one another, they realize that I am of the same age as their daughter. The seniors are a very nice people to talk to. Talking to them is as if I'm talking to my mum. They regard me as their daughter since I'm the youngest in the group, how fortunate... At least I don't feel left out. They try to instill the confident in me. Thank you seniors for sharing with me!

Moody

After the interview session, it further spoil my mood. For the first time in my life, I felt a complete useless. I'm being placed at a very bottom position. Fine, I lack experience and my qualifications seems like a trash. But must it really be said directly? I am open to critics but for goodness sake, I'm just about to get started. If you think I'm totally under qualified, can you at least give me a chance?

How am I going to gain experience if I'm not given a chance to prove it? If every company requires highly qualified & experience applicants, I forever will nener fit into the list. Out of a few that I applied for the same company, not even one will be considered? She's indirectly telling me that. Actions speaks louder than words..

Ok fine... I admit I lack confidence. I am slacking especially in my conversation. I am not able to improve within a day or am I able to? It's very stressful for me.

Nevertheless, I shall not think about this anymore. I need to be back to my normal self as the one with a positive attitude. I might get upset or cried after failure but I shall not let this overcome my positiveness in life. My best friend often reminded me that I am that "someone with a positive attitude". Therefore, I shall not led this rejection as the end. I believe there's more opportunities ahead.


Our smile is a light that may illuminate the darkness in others hearts, it costs nothing but can give everything :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment