Saturday, May 12, 2012

Is Being Single a Problem?

Seriously, I get tired of this! I was often bombarded with this type of question. Of many other questions they can ask, why mention regarding relationship status? And the list goes on.

So nice of them... After not seeing one another for quite sometime, the first question that pop up is status? Is it that important for them to know? Obviously they will be invited if the time have come for me to settle down. So why is there a need of asking all these continuously?

This happen especially during wedding receptions I attended and even during my meet up with friends and previous colleagues from the past.

The FAQ:
"When is your turn girl?"
"Come on girl, at your current age don't tell me you're still unattached? Don't hide your status..."
"Are you being choosy?"
"I have friends whose interested to get to know you. They notice you the other day during the gathering. Want me to introduce them to you?" They can be very direct in asking me right away!

Pls stop!

Why should I hide? I have already said once, twice that I am currently single. Why can't they just believe what I've said! That's their problem if they choose not to believe. Irritating you see!

I'm not being choosy. But I feel like perhaps it's not time for me to be more open about myself to strangers. I have not met someone that I feel he's the one. I'm somehow reserved? Yes, I'm rather quiet and reserved to strangers or acquaintance.

Fine, some friends of my age are already married and welcome their first new born baby. The rest are either engaged, currently in a relationship and there's even a few who is unattached like me. There's even some who are currently pursuing their studies in the universities.

Please for once, stop asking me all that! You are making me stress. Relationship is not my current priority. I have others that I prioritize in my life. But I will not reject if at any point of time I meet someone that manage to open my heart in acceptance of his love.

Being Single?


Advantages being single: I'm not tied up with any commitments so that means I have more time on my own to achieve my goals and dreams in life. More time with family and friends.

I don't see a problem in being single? It's a matter on how you carry out yourself. I'm happy with my life. Just take the positive side. Perhaps it's not the time yet for me to meet that "someone". I strongly believe that if it's meant to be, it shall be. True love will come one day. It's just a matter of time. There's not a need to rush and chase love. Just go with the flow. True love will find it's way.

For once, I'm not even 25. Please don't rush me out. I hate when ask of the target age to settle down. To me, Age is not a measure of maturity. Only time can define maturity.

 I MY LIFE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment