Friday, May 11, 2012

Recruitment Drive

Yesterday I went for a recruitment drive at Toa Payoh Biz Hub 3. It was an event conducted by Service Connections, a recruitment agency. I came to know about this event from NECDC.

I was among the first 20 to arrive at the venue. I came at 10:35am but somehow couldn't find my way to the lift lobby. I ended up walking around the HDB Hub. I even went up at the wrong lobby and ended up in the wrong place. There's actually 2 CDC office located at the Biz Hub. That's the reason why I get confused. I did not pay attention to the lift lobby no but only the building name which is Biz Hub 3. I went straight up as soon as I saw the CDC office stated at the board listings. I know it's my mistake for not paying close attention to the details.

I went in the room and was given a form to fill in my particulars etc... My queue no is 12. It was quite fast. I only need to wait for about less than an hour before my number is called out. There was 2 recruitment consultants conducting the interview sitting next to one another. For me, it was not really an interview. It was rather a "pre-screen" conducted by the consultant to match the suitable job for the job seekers. I was told that I need to wait a bit longer before they contact me. Another waiting time! Sigh...

I have been through a lot of these with different kind of recruitment agencies all this while. S.C. just add to number of agencies I've registered to. Sometimes I still feel tired will all of these.  I know it requires hard work and determination to achieve success. But after many failures, I can't avoid the feeling of disappointment and frustration.

Rejected even before trying. I never get selected for any interviews. Perhaps I lack effort in my applications. I admit I don't apply for jobs daily. Sometimes it just happens that when I log into the job portals, there's nothing that suits me. When that happens, I get frustrated and stop job search immediately. Focus is what I need but it's difficult to control my mood.

The seniors was saying to me  that it will not be difficult for me to get a job as I am still very young. But the struggle during the searching process is tiring and frustrating for me. It's not a matter of age but a matter of determination,confidence and luck. I lack confidence especially when I have to communicate with the rest. I wish I had the confidence in me. How I wish I could...



I wasn't feeling too well today. The season of flu have just begin! I have to cancel all the appointments I had for today. Feel so bad about it. Will need to re-schedule everything. Just another day in my life. Falling sick is unavoidable these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment