Monday, January 23, 2012

Quiet & Empty Streets

I went out on the eve of Chinese New Year. Upon returning back home at night, I realised the streets were quiet & empty. 10:40pm I'm walking home. Where did I go? Somewhere near but not too far.

I left the house after 2pm. The weather is quite hot at first but soon, rain began to pour in accompanied by a loud thunder. I was stunned. I had a sudden of a scary feelings deep down inside. I observed the surroundings. During the day time, there's a swam of busy shoppers. They are busy doing a "last minute" shopping in preparation for the new year.

I'm happy that I managed to purchased my favourite DONUTS from J.CO!




Shop till I drop... Not really. Just going around grabbing some snacks & munching on "fast foods". I'm totally enjoying the new year. Eat to my heart content... Will need to work out on losing that extra pounds gain during the period of the festive. Be it my festive that I celebrate(Hari Raya) or simply enjoying the festive seasons by others, I still "celebrate" every occasion of the festive seasons.

 I'll definitely enjoy some good food later. Can't wait for that. Wondering what will the menu be for tomorrow? Let's wait and see.

The day before the eve, I went shopping at the supermarket at night. What I observed is that many products on the shelves seems to be sold out especially when it came to food items. Groceries were the main targets. Many shelves were empty. The checkout counter - such a long queue.... Pheww...

I'll end my entry for now. Till the next time. Cherio peeps! :)

May I take this opportunity to wish all chinese a Happy Lunar New Year, Gong Xi Fa Cai! May this year of the dragon brings in happiness, success, prosperity & good health to everyone. Enjoy the long holidays :)



No comments:

Post a Comment