Sunday, June 12, 2011

How I Started Of In Makeup

I started trying out makeup at the age of 20. Learning on the makeup applications techniques. But I officially started wearing them at the age of 21.

I love watching others putting on makeup since young. That interest soon develop when I'm at 20 years of age. Previously, I never care to put on makeup on my face although I only enjoy watching the "makeup application process" by others.
__________________________________________________________________________________

How I Get Started?

I was introduced to cosmetics sets when I'm 20. I was given a set of makeup kit to try on. That's how I get started initially. But at that time, I'm not to sure on how to get started. I began to search intensively on tutorials over the internet towards the end of 2009.
_________________________________________________________________________________

What Inspires Me?

Those colourful eyeshadows attract my attention. That's the main reason how I started to be involve in makeup. It started after watching makeup tutorials from youtube. Michelle Phan's tutorial on Youtube is amazing. The way she narrates or voice over makes it feels so relaxing. I love her tutorials from the start as she shows step by step applications. For beginners, it definitely is a great help. Perhaps after all those tuorials, I realise that I am beginning to be interested in knowing more about makeup.



_______________________________________________________________________________

Obviously, all ladies/woman wanna look good & attractive. Attractive looks can be achieve through proper wearing of makeup. Excessive applications of makeup may result in a "plastic" like doll looking or rather a "ghostly" kind of appearance. That's a scary looking result. Avoid that.

Tentively, we must know what colours suits us. Not everyone may achieve the same results as others. If one colour suits you, it doesn't mean that that colour suits others too. That's something which I learnt along the way. I'm still learning about that.

However, don't entirely depends on makeup as your "must have" tools to achieve "beauty".  Or in another words, don't depend on cosmetics products to look flawless. Remember inner beauty will outshine the most. Cosmetics is just a tools to cover up the skins imperfections. No doubt it did enhance the beauty of the wearer.

Proper usage of skin care can help to enhance the beauty. The important thing is take good care of our skin. It's easier to put on makeup on clear skin but not everyone have a perfect skin. That includes me. I do suffers from breakout lately. But recovery takes time. The acne scars will disappear over time. I'm glad that my acne is soon disappearing. Although it still leaves a marks on the face.

Current Favourite:

Currently, I enjoy wearing minerals makeup. Reason is simple bcos minerals doesn't clog pores or rather less likely to clog.








Makeup Style:

Stay simple whenever possible. That's my style. Depends on the occasions. I try to avoid "thick applications especially on the eyes". Even though I'm wearing glasses daily, I try to avoid applying thick  amount of eyeshadows despite the saying that applying slightly thicker eyeshadow is acceptable as it's not so visible since it's hidden behind the shadows of the glasses. But I still dislike "thick applications". I wanna stay natural whenever possible.

I don't put on makeup everyday. Only when needed. I was advice to avoid wearing foundation especially when an acne has pop up. Nevertheless, I'll still accept the advice given. Perhaps the "sales asst" thought almost all foundation clog pores. But nowadays, foundation that do not clog pores is widely available at any stores nearby. I often go to "watson" stores to check out on minerals type cosmetics or even anywhere available. That's just an example where I purchase my stuff.






________________________________________________________________________________

My Unforgettable Experience: What I Chose When Buying Foundation When The First Time

I thought that wearing a medium colour foundation suits my skin tone but I was wrong. I used a "medium beige" foundation on my face. The result is totally out of the place. Maybe beige doesn't suits me at all. It's too dark for my skin tone. Beige is even darker that my neck area.

I should settle in pink shades colours or light ochre. I try out ivory pink and light ochre foundation & it suits me well. Atleast now I knew which colour suits my skin tone. I'll keep on learning to discover what's best for me.
_________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for now. Adios :-)

*A smile is all it takes to cheer up the day. Keep smiling :-)

(Credits to Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment